Thank you to all 454 delegates who participated at The 2nd Annual European Data Protection and Privacy Conference, which took place on the 6th December 2011 at the Management Centre Europe. Please see below for links to video interviews with key speakers at the event along with photos taken at the event!
UPDATED - The 2012 Annual European Data Protection and Privacy Conference will take place on the 4th December. Event details and online registration available at www.dataprotection2012.eu
Vice President, Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship
Click Here to view video interviews with Vice-Preident Viviane Reding and other key speakers.
Click Here to view photos from the event.
With the release of the European Commission's proposals for the revision of the Data Protection Directive expected in early 2012, the 2nd Annual European Data Protection and Privacy Conference offers an opportunity to hear from all the key policymakers and stakeholders involved. Find out how the new legal framework is likely to affect the shape of the data protection and privacy landscape both on a European and global level, and what measures need to be taken now in order to prepare for the changes ahead.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- Ensuring co-ordinated and harmonised data protection laws across the EU
- What will the effect of the new privacy rules be on the online lives of EU citizens?
- Fighting terrorism and cyber-crime - Where does the balance lie between security and privacy rights?
- Rebuilding consumer confidence in data protection laws?
- What shape for globalised data protection and privacy laws in the 21st century?
For further information, please contact Kirstie Fagan on +44 (0) 2920783026 / firstname.lastname@example.org