The 2nd Annual Internet of Things 2010 conference joined together business leaders, consumer advocates, policymakers and entrepeneurs to explore what opportunities and risks the Internet of Things will offer businesses and consumers, and how these will re-shape our interactions with the real and virtual worlds in the coming years.
Thank you to all who joined us for what was a thoroughly successful and informative event!
This high level conference, run with the support of the European Commission explored the development of the Internet of Things and discuss the opportunities and challenges ahead.
It explored and discussed the future of the Internet of Things with existing and potential application scenarios and the dimension of new services. It looked at how such smart connected objects and indeed cities may evolve in the future and how application providers can provide opportunities from real-life.
Panellists and speakers at the 'Internet of Things Europe 2010' conference shared their insights into this developing phenomenon and will address the following issues:
- How will IOT empower citizens' experience and individual’s capabilities?
- What innovation and development is already underway?
- What security challenges, particularly surrounding unauthorised access to and unintended disclosure of data may be presented by the Internet of Things?
- How can we encourage effective competition in the Internet of Things?
- How can policymakers create a climate to encourage investment from business?
- How can we encourage and exchange best practice with lessons from outside Europe?
For further information regarding this event including access to speaker presentations please contact Amanda Strevens on firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 (0)2 534 11 79.
Live updates via Twitter. Sign up at http://twitter.com/ForumEurope
Tue 1 June, 2010 08.30
Wed 2 June, 2010 17.00
Europe Central Time Zone
Rue Gineste 3
Tel: 32 (0)2 646 00 55
Fax: 32 (0)2 646 00 88