Now in its 4th year and established as the leading forum of its kind in Brussels, the British Chamber Border Management Conference, aims to gather all bodies and agencies involved in the management of EU borders, alongside EU and international policy makers, industry and other stakeholders, to discuss how collaboration can support the delivery of smarter and more secure borders in Europe, particularly in the current economic climate when all actors are required to do more with less.
In February this year, the European Commission launched the EU Smart Border Package, with the intention "to simplify life for frequent third country travellers at the EU's external borders, enhance EU security and contribute to better monitoring of border-crossings". Focussing on this package and on specific aspects such as proposals to develop an EU Entry-Exit System and the Registered Traveller Programme, this conference will provide an opportunity to hear from the leading policymakers and decision makers directly involved in its formulation and implementation. By providing an interactive platform for discussion on the added value, technological and data protection implications, and expected costs of the package, the event will look forward to ensuring the effective and efficient implementation of these new modernised systems and on what the expected impact will be for the various stakeholders involved.
Sessions will discuss:
- The EU Smart Border Package
- Possible developments of an EU Entry-Exit System and Registered - Traveller Programme
- Future innovations in this sector
- How can we acheive 'more with less'
- Lessons learned and the next steps forward
Why should I attend?
- A key moment to debate the EU Smart Border Package released by the European Commission this year.
- Unique networking with and between industry, customs, border and law enforcement agencies.
- The presence of key and high-level policymakers make stakeholder engagement at this event critical and an opportunity not to be missed.
Please contact David Moseley on +44 (0) 2920 783 028 or email email@example.com if you require any additional information regarding this event.