Promoting local development through smart subsidies’ solutions addressing poverty and strengthening social inclusion
Date: 12th October
Time: 5.30pm to 7pm
Location: THON Hotel EU
Registration: Register by clicking here
Official side event of Open Days: 13th European Week of Regions and Cities
Tailored according to the needs of public authorities, smart subsidies help to implement and manage public funds efficiently and in complete transparency. The conference will explore how to design such solutions which can also facilitate the implementation of programmes benefiting from EU Funds, through presentations of existing practices to fight poverty and ease inclusion of frailed populations.
The session intends, with the support of testimonies from local authorities and lively exchanges, to highlight the efficiency of different solutions with characteristics fitting in the EU expectations and objectives: an effective and clear management while promoting social innovation.
Speakers addressing these issues include:
- Baudouin Baudru, expert within Commissioner Marianne Thyssen’s team, European Commission
- Helena Znamenáčková, methodologies officer for the Department of social benefits concerning state social support, poverty and social work, Labour Office of the Czech Republic
- Michal Jankovský, officer on social benefits on poverty, Local Labour office of Beroun, Czech Republic
- Oana Stanescu, Manager for Communication and events, Ovidiu Ro Association, Romania
- Angela Frigo, EU liaison Officer, Fondazione Banco Alimentare Onlus, Italy
- Konstantina Karydi, Special Advisor to the Mayor of Athens, Greece